I don’t have a lot of experience with asparagus or squash. In fact I’ve exhausted a lot of energy avoiding these two vegetables quite successfully for the last 20ish years. Last week though for some reason I brought them both home from the grocery store and came up with this pasta salad. I hope you try it – I really like it, and the husband actually ate it.
Look at the nutritional information for Asparagus! It’s crazy good for you!
- 8oz. Rotini (I use Heartland Plus ALA Omega-3), cooked.
- 1/4c. Fat Free Italian Dressing
- Grilled Asparagus
- Grilled Yellow Squash
- Black Olives
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Turkey Pepperoni
- Cubed Cheese (Cabot 75% Reduced Fat Cheddar)
- Grill Asparagus and squash on indoor grill until soft. Set aside to cool.
- Slice tomatoes, olives, pepperoni & cheese into bite size pieces.
- In a large bowl combine pasta (cooked), veggies and fat free Italian dressing.
- Serve or cool in refrigerator.
WWP: 3 (1/2c portion)