Chicken Cordon Blue Bleu
Tuesday is golf day around here. After work I pick up my husband (we commute together) and he drops me off at home then speeds north to the driving range. On these nights we don’t eat together, he usually eats on the road (read: fast food) and I take the opportunity to make something I like for dinner (it’s so nice not to ask the age old question – “What do you want for dinner?”). Tonight it was Chicken Cordon Blue. Yum, right?
Most CCB is really high in calories and fat because it’s deep fried, but this version is baked. It’s not exactly like the real thing, but its still really good. I served mine with 1% cottage cheese, but it would go great with mashed sweet potatoes. That was just way too much effort tonight though.
INGREDIENTS: (for one)
- Boneless chicken breast, fat trimmed
- Deli ham (I use Healthy Choice – it’s 40calories for 3 slices)
- 28g. Weight Watchers Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/4c. Corn flakes, crushed
- 1/4c. Egg Beaters
- Beat trimmed chicken with a mallet until flat.
- Sprinkle with salt & pepper.
- Lay ham & cheese in the center and roll up.
- Fasted tooth pick in the middle to keep from unrolling.
- Dip in egg beaters then roll in crushed cornflakes.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until done.
WWP: It depends on how many grams of chicken you used. I had a HUGE piece (200g) so the recipe came out to 8pts. Half would have been plenty.