happen’ over at Peanut Butter Boy.
I decided to enter for 2 reasons: 1) because I love peanut butter and 2) because I desperately wanted to get out of watching the movie my DH brought home from the video store (The Water Horse, ugh).
I didn’t really have a peanut butter cookie recipe in mind that was figure friendly, so I made one up. Introducing: Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cookies (with Crasins & Sunflower Seeds!). Oh yes, the name is a little heavy, but the cookies aren’t. They’re light, sweet, peanut butter-ey, and, well, fabulous at 2pts a piece.
1/4 cup canned pumpkin
1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 small banana, mashed
1/4 cup unpacked brown sugar
1/4 cup light butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp baking soda
3/4 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup rolled oats
1/4 cup Hodgson Mill Milled flax seed
1/4 cup oat bran
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, I used Hershey’s Sugar Free Chips
2 Tbsp sunflower seeds
- Mix first 6 ingredients in a stand mixer until smooth.
- Mix in dry ingredients and stir until smooth.
- Fold in dried cranberries, chocolate chips and sunflower seeds.
- Roll into balls and put on greased (Pam!) baked sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 6-8 minutes. Do not over bake or they will be dry.
Makes 24 2-3″ cookies.
WWP: 2pts per cookie
Have WWP’s to spare? Check out some of the decadent peanut butter cookies recipes I came across last night while trying to avoid the lockness monster.