Monday: Chicken Satay Skirataki Noodle Soup and Homemade Chips and Salsa
Tuesday: Leftover Shepherd’s Pie
Wednesday: Mediterranean Meatloaf, Smashed Sweet Potatoes & Salad
Thursday: Brussel Sprouts with Red Potatoes and Pumpkin cupcakes
Friday: Dinner out with the In-Laws
Chicken Satay Skirataki Noodle Soup
adapted from Rachael Ray Magazine
- 1 Package Tofu Skirataki Spaghetti Noodles (House Foods)
- 1 tsp. EVOO
- 8oz Boneless Chicken Breast
- 2 Cloves
- 1 large Shallot
- 6oz Snap peas
- 1/3c. Peanut Butter
- 1/4c. Light Soy Sauce
- 1/4c. Thai Red Curry Paste
- 2 tbsp Tomato Paste
- 6c. Fat Free Chicken Broth
- 1″ piece Fresh Ginger, pressed through garlic press
- ½ Head Napa Cabbage, shredded
- ½ Light Apple Juice
- 1c. Bean Sprouts
- 1/4c. Peanuts, unsalted
- 1tbsp Cilantro (garnish)
1. Rinse Skirataki in colander thoroughly under cold water. Pat dry and set aside.
2. Meanwhile, in a soup pot, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the chicken and garlic and shallot. Cook, stirring, until the chicken is opaque, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
3. Add the peanut butter, tamari, curry paste and tomato paste to the pot and stir. Increase the heat to medium-high and whisk in the chicken broth; add the ginger.
4. Bring to a boil, then stir in the snap peas and cabbage and cook until cabbage is wilted about 2 minutes. Return the chicken to the pot and stir in the apple juice.
5. Divide the pasta among 4 bowls. Ladle the soup over the pasta. Top with the bean sprouts, peanuts, scallions and cilantro.
1 1/2 c. per serving
7 points per serving
2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.
4. Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.