I have had a really busy few weeks. Work has been busy, family stuff has been heavy and because we don’t have enough to do we’ve been entertaining or going out almost every night (OK, that part is fun!). I’ve also been cooking up a storm. Some of my favorites this week include: Hungry Girl’s Oatmeal, Corn Dogs, Greek Pita’s with homemade Hummus and Strawberry Cloud Pie.
I also went out a lot this week. Panera for work. Subway for a meeting. And, yesterday we went to the grand opening of Texas Roadhouse with friends, only to find cars parked up and down the road like it was the state fair or something. Needless to say, we moved on. Our second stop was Romano’s Macaroni Grill. This was not my choice at all. Previously in the day I calculated what to order at TR so I could stay within my daily allotted points. Luckily the two hour wait deterred our visit. Half-an-hour later we found ourselves at a quaint little Italian place on the outside of town. I split a plate of cheese ravioli and marinara with a friend, and only ate half (huge portions).
All in all I came out on top this week. I’ve lost another 3lbs – making a grand total of 29lbs…and counting. I think I finally got this dieting thing down. Good Food, Exercise and Dedication do pay off.
Tonight’s meal. . . . . Can you guess what it is???
BUFFALO CHICKEN LASAGNA
It’s true. You can eat lasagna on a diet. I got this recipe down to FIVE points per serving. Crazy, but true.
Here are the INGREDIENTS:
12 Whole Wheat Lasagna Noodles (I use Ronzoni)
1lb Boneless Chicken, cut into cubes
3c. Light Spaghetti Sauce (I use Hunt’s)
3/4c. Buffalo Wing Sauce (I use Franks)
7oz Fat Free Ricotta Cheese
8oz Light cottage cheese
1/2c. Egg beaters
160g. 50% Jack Cheese with Jalapenos, shredded
42g. Parmesan cheese, shredded
1. Preheat Oven to 350 degrees. Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions.
2. Spray skillet with nonstick spray and cook chicken until no longer pink in the center.
3. Add spaghetti sauce, buffalo wing sauce and water to the pan.
4. In a separate bowl combine ricotta, cottage cheese and egg beaters.
5. Shred cheeses.
6. Spray a 9×13 pan with nonstick cooking spray. Spread 1c. sauce in the bottom of the pan.
7. Arrange 4 noodles over the sauce. Layer ricotta cheese mixture, sauce mixture, shredded cheese and repeat.
8. Bake covered for 50 minutes.
9. Let stand for 10-15 minutes before serving. Cut into 9 equal pieces.
DID HE EAT IT?
He did! And he loved it!