Peanut Butter Boy, has me on this seemingly unending peanut butter kick. Check out the cookies he whipped up recently. Have mercy! So last night I was flipping through some back issues of Cooking Light and found this recipe. I got up earlyto make it and it didn’t disappoint. Doesn’t it look great? It was a little heavy on the nutritional info, but I managed to lighten it up a bit (6 points instead of 9!).
Click on “read more” for the play-by-play and recipe.
Grilled Peanut Butter and Banana Split Sandwich…
adapted from Cooking Light
2 slices, Light Italian Bread (I use Country Kitchen) – 1pt
2 tsp Light butter (I use Land O’ Lakes Light Butter with Canola Oil) – 1tp
1 tbsp Reduced Fat Peanut Butter – 2pts
1 tsp Sugar Free Honey – 1pt
1/2 tsp Sugar Free Chocolate Chips (I use Hersey) – .5pts
3 large strawberries, thinly sliced – 0pts
1/2 small banana, cut into 10 pieces – 1pt
1 tbsp Sugar Free Strawberry Jam – opts
1. Spread one side of each bread slice with 1 teaspoon butter.
2. Combine peanut butter and honey; spread over plain side of 1 bread slice.
3. Sprinkle with chocolate chips.
4. Top evenly with strawberry slices and banana slices.
5. Spread jam over plain side of remaining bread slice. Carefully assemble sandwich.
6. Heat a small nonstick skillet over medium-high heat or griddle. Add sandwich; cook 2 minutes on each side or until lightly browned.
7. Lick your plate clean! Why haven’t we thought of this before?