It seem that there was a little confusion about this recipe in my last post. I posted recipes for Black Bean Burgers and Black Bean Brownies in the same post: Black Bean Bonanza. Apparently it was confusing because I literally got 64,001 e-mails about it (thanks for the feedback!).
So here it is. The black bean brownie recipe, alone, in all it’s gooey chocolaty gloriousness:
1 Box Betty Crocker Low Fat Fudge Brownie Mix
1 (15 oz.) Can Black Beans, rinsed and drained
1 Cup Water
1/4c. Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Puree the beans and water together until smooth in a blender.
3. Stir into the brownie mix until combined.
4. Spray a 9X13 pan with non-stick cooking spray.
5. Pour the mixture into the pan and sprinkle with chocolate chips.
6. Bake for 25-27 minutes or until a toothpick inserted 2 inches from the side of the pan comes out almost clean.
7. Cool completely and then cut into 24 pieces.
I PROMISE you can’t taste the beans. My husband who is the pickiest eater in the world scarfed three of them down before I told him they had black beans in them. This brownie is more like a dense cake like brownie and is fabulous topped with FREE Cool Whip.
Points: 2 per brownie