This week we are eating:
Monday: Stuffed Portabello Mushrooms with Baked Potatoes and Green beans
Tuesday: Zesty Cheese and Spinach Ravioli with Mixed greens
Wednesday: Stuffed Turkey Burgers with Sweet Potato Fries
Thursday: Lentil Chili with homemade Focaccia bread
Friday: Turkey Meatball subs with Steamed broccoli
Check out Organizing Junkie for more Menu’s!
One thing that’s been really difficult to cut back is pasta. Who doesn’t love a big plate of spaghetti and meatballs? Considering my family heritage, I was practically born with a meatball in my mouth.
Because Weight Watchers is so flexible I’ve learned how to eat pasta and still stay on track. It all has to do with portions. When I made the recipe below I was shocked to find out how much 8oz of pasta really is. Momma Mia do I have a lot to learn!
After all the ingredients are added together you do get a nice size portion for 6 WWPs and it IS delicious! Surprisingly so.
Creamy Cheese Spagetti
Serves 4 (1 1/4 c portion)
- 8oz. Whole Wheat Pasta (I like Healthy Harvest)
- 2 tsp. EVOO
- 3 slices Canadian bacon
- 1/2 c. Halved Cherry Tomatoes
- 3 Garlic cloves, crushed through a press
- 6oz. Baby spinach (make sure you wash your spinach before cooking)
- 1c. Fat-free ricotta cheese
- 1c. Shredded fat-free mozzarella
- 1tsp Salt
- 12gm Finely grated Romano cheese (3 gm per person)
1. Cook the spaghetti according to package directions.
2. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup of the cooking liquid.
3. While the water for the pasta is heating up, heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the canadian bacon, tomatoes and garlic. Cook, stirring frequently, until the tomatoes are softened, about 2 minutes. Add the spinach in batches, string just until each batch is wilted.
4. Add the spaghetti, reserved cooking liquid, cheeses and salt. Cook, stirring frequently until the cheeses are melted.
5. Garnish with Romano cheese. Serve immediately.
One serving (1-1/4cups) – 6WWP