- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 (49.5 fluid ounce) can reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups lentils, rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a Dutch oven, cook turkey over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes or until lentils are tender.
Nutritional Analysis: One serving (1-1/2 cups) equals 278 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 45 mg cholesterol, 918 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 12 g fiber, 25 g protein.
One serving (1-1/2 cups) – 5WWP