I was feeling adventurous today so I decided to try a new recipe, and then I modified it to something completely different and came up with: Moroccan Chicken Soup. And, well it’s delicious!
Moroccan Chicken Soup
1 can of Garbanzo beans (Chick peas)
6 cups FF low sodium Chicken Stock
1 cup Durham Semonila (couscous)
6oz. prepackaged Chicken, diced into 1″ pieces (I use Perdu Short Cuts)
1 onion diced
6 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp EVOO
1 tsp sweet Paprika
1 can no salt added diced tomatoes
3-4 cups chopped spinach
2-4 tbsp. fresh basil (2 dried or 4 fresh)
1. Mince 6 cloves of garlic.
2. Chop onion and 3-4 cups baby spinach.
3. Add EVOO to pot and saute onions and garlic until translucent.
4. Add diced tomato (with juices) and chicken stock and bring to a soft boil.
5. Add chicken and couscous to the pot.
Measure couscous carefully and only put it recommended amount. It swells with cooking! See how I careful measured? I only got a teeny bit on the counter.
6. When couscous is done cooking, add the Garbanzo beans and spinach.
7. Heat through on low until warm. Add fresh basil and parika at the end.
10. Portion. I divide the soup into 1 1/2 c. portions to freeze for lunches.
11. Label. It’s much easier to label than remember!
12. Leave on the counter to cool, then put in the freezer! This recipe makes 8 – 1 1/2c. portions. Each portion (1 1/2c comes out to 3 pts).